This delicious summer salad made with a white wine butter sauce is the perfect side dish. We recommend a nice dry white like Braganini Reserve Gruner Veltliner, Coastline White, or Reserve Pinot Grigio!
- 8 oz farro
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 16 oz can of corn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the farro until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and set it aside.
- While the farro is cooking, combine the butter, tomatoes and salt in a large, skillet over medium heat. Cover the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the tomatoes have started to burst out of their skins ~8 min.
- Add the minced garlic, white wine and corn to skillet. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained farro to the skillet and stir to combine. Add salt to taste then cook until heated through. Serve warm with fresh basil.