White Wine Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 bone-in chicken breast half, remove skin
- 1 pound bone-in chicken thighs, remove skin
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- ½ cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices celery
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 fresh parsley sprigs
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken, flesh side down. Cook 10 minutes; turn thighs after 5 minutes. Cool; shred. Discard bones.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery to pan; sauté 10 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Place herb sprigs and bay leaves on cheesecloth. Gather edges; tie securely. Add sachet to pan.
- Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook 4 minutes. Add chicken and stock. Cover; reduce heat. Cook 7 minutes.
- Add noodles; cook 6 minutes or until al dente. Discard sachet. Stir in chopped parsley, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Enjoy!