We invite you to explore our new release small batch spirits exclusively before anyone else! And that’s just the beginning. When you join the Spirits Club you enjoy the following perks…
As Michigan’s oldest craft distillery, St. Julian has been making premium spirits since 1998 in our Christian Carl Copper Still. Born out of a shared passion for innovative and classic flavors alike, we are excited to introduce our new Spirits Club! Through locally sourced fruits and grains, we aim to create unique and memorable products that celebrate the process and artistry of distillation. Members of the Spirits Club can expect small-batch craft releases, amazing discounts, distillers’ information, cocktail recipes, and invitations to exclusive experiences. Join us on this journey of discovery as we capture the true spirit of Michigan.
*Spirits are only available for pick up in St. Julian tasting rooms and cannot be shipped.
- Priority access to new release small batch spirits. These could be unique blends, experimental batches, or special aging processes not available to the public.
- Distiller information and tasting notes from Head Distiller Bob Bilton, the story behind every spirit, and our advice on crafting cocktails.
- 15% discount on spirits and wine*
- 10% discount on merchandise*
- Complimentary tastings for 4 people (can be wine or spirits) *Limit one tasting per person per day in total (cannot be combined with other complimentary tastings)
- Discounts on cocktails and mixology classes in the tasting rooms
- Complimentary and exclusive Spirit 101 tasting sessions.
- Featured monthly discount on spirit mixes, cocktail tools, etc. just for Spirits Club members.
- Exclusive Spirits Club events at the St. Julian Winery and Distillery
*Some exclusions may apply.
- Each quarter (March, June, September, and December), your card on file will automatically be charged $45. This becomes a $45 credit on your account that can be applied to your spirit purchases. Think of it as your personal savings account for buying spirits.
- For the first month of a new release spirit, members receive exclusive access to taste and purchase the newest craft offering!
- Use your credits to purchase the exclusive new spirit release OR the spirit of your choice. Use them now or save them for a different time. Spirit credits do not expire and can be accumulated quarter to quarter. Redeem them at any time for any spirit you wish. The control is yours!
- You may choose to cancel after your first automatic spirits club credit processes. Cancellations must be in writing to email@example.com .
* Spirits are only available for pick up in the tasting rooms and cannot be shipped.
- 1996: St. Julian’s then cellar master, Larry Gilbert, and President, Dave Braganini, traveled to Germany to learn the art of distillation from still makers, distillers, farmers, and university educators. They tasted their way across the country, learning from the best to bring this craft back to Michigan. The Christian Carl family, the oldest still manufactures in Germany, became their mentors, willingly sharing their centuries of experience. This led David and Larry to purchase a Christian Carl Copper Column Still that was shipped back to Paw Paw. Chosen for multiple features that allow for tailoring the perfect blend of aroma and flavor, this copper and stainless still became instrumental in providing another opportunity for St. Julian to highlight and support the local farming community.
- 1998: As the state of Michigan’s first licensed craft distillery, we began crafting brandies aged in French Limousin Oak barrels. Brandy and Eau de Vie made from cherries, apples, grapes, peaches, pears, and blueberries were expertly produced and bottled under the St. Julian A & G Name. And so began our award-winning line of spirits. Classic and innovative products alike continued to be added, like vodka, gin, whiskey, grappa, and fruit-infused brandies.
- 2019: Larry Gilbert retired. Working with him for 20 years, Bob Bilton took over as Cellar Master and Distiller and continues to create prized spirits, now under the St. Julian label. Bob, along with the Braganini family is excited to take St. Julian’s Spirit line to the next level.
Apollo Braganini II
St. Julian President and Spirits Creative Team member
As St. Julian’s President and fourth generation family member, Apollo has craft wine and spirits in his blood. He grew up around the winery, working in the tasting rooms during summers. His love of exploring new spirits ideas with the team continues to fuel new and exciting products for our club, as well as spirits offered in distribution. Apollo’s spirit of choice is St. Julian’s Centennial Bourbon.
St. Julian Mixologist
Jackie joined St. Julian in 2018 and has been in the mixology business for over 20 + years! As Jackie takes great pride in crafting amazing cocktails using St. Julian wines and spirits and has been instrumental in the development of the Spirits Club. While her favorite spirit is St. Julian’s Bourbon, she has endless creative ways to enjoy all our spirits, existing and those yet to come! You must visit her in the Union Pier tasting room to see her in action. Her popular quarterly “Cocktail Class with Jackie” is always great fun. And as Spirits Club members, you get her expertise on all the latest spirits!