Sweet Revenge Chili
- 2 pounds of ground or shredded turkey (can also use chicken)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup St. Julian Sweet Revenge
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cranberry, cherry or grape preserves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and chopped cilantro to taste
- Cook and stir the turkey or chicken in a large pot until done.
- Sautée the onion in a pan with olive oil and garlic until soft. Add onions to the meat.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, preserves and Sweet Revenge wine.
- Season with the chili powder, cumin, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Add the crushed red pepper and if desired.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally. Could also be made in a slow-cooker over low heat for up to 8 hours.
- Remove and discard bay leaves before serving. Top with chopped cilantro. Enjoy with crusty bread or tortilla chips.