Spring Vegetable Pasta with Lemony White Wine Sauce
This quick and delicious dish is packed with healthy greens and a bright lemon sauce. This recipe calls for a dry white wine like Braganini Reserve Albariño.
- 12 oz pasta
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cut asparagus, and cook for 1-2 minutes until color brightens. Remove asparagus and place in strainer. Run cold water over asparagus and set aside.
- Using the same pot, bring water back to a boil and cook pasta according to directions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining into a colander.
- In a new pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add white wine and simmer for 1 minute. Add vegetable broth and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add asparagus and peas to broth and cook over medium heat until warmed through.
- Add cooked pasta, parmesan, lemon juice, and spinach. Add reserved pasta water as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and serve as soon as spinach is wilted.
- Top with parmesan and lemon zest before serving.