This corn and ham risotto is a delicious way to use up that leftover Christmas ham! This recipe calls for dry white wine, so we recommend WMS Albariño/Pinot Gris, Braganini Reserve Gruner Veltliner, or Coastline White!
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 15 oz can of corn
- 8 oz cubed ham
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chives, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, until opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup stock and cook, stirring until absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat 3 more times. Stir in corn and ham and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately and top with additional chives.