Founded in 1921, St. Julian is Michigan's longest running, largest, and most-awarded winery. We are seeking leadership for our tasting room in Troy, MI. We are looking for a person who is able to lead by example with energy and comfortable hospitality. This experienced candidate is an outstanding public speaker, polished, hard-working, and effectively works well with all winery employees to achieve winery goals.
Our Retail Manager works with the retail team to oversee the day-to-day operations of the tasting room, while demonstrating superior customer service and employee relations. He/she directly supervises the tasting room staff and retail room while carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the winery’s policies and applicable laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Evening shift
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
- Working in and managing the day to day operations of the tasting room.
- Maintaining/Increasing sales of wine, tasting room food and wine related retail products.
- Ensuring the experience customers have is memorable and regularly exceeds expectations.
- Hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, mentoring and overseeing the performance of the tasting room staff.
- Create new events for location and communicate event details to staff and management.
- Organize and coordinate musicians/entertainments for events in the tasting room
- Maintain safe, clean, attractive and effective tasting room.
- Uphold high standard of hospitality and deliver superior customer service experience.
- Create and execute cost-effective campaigns to enhance events, wine club membership retention and sales rates.
- Develop relevant industry relationships as well as maintain relationships with existing key clients and vendors.
- Take ownership of all reporting and tracking of budgets.
- Assist in all hospitality duties, including guest tastings and events.
- Oversee tasting room shipping and receiving
- Weekly product ordering
- Direct quarterly inventory.
- Project management skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Strong retail or restaurant management skills preferred.
- PC skills (Word, Excel and Access)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Creativity is a must: requires a dynamic personality with the enthusiasm and energy essential to grow the business.
- Superior sales skills.
- Ability to assume leadership role and make decisions.
- Customer service/hospitality skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain positive, can do attitude.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to constructively manage others.
- Ability to manage change.
- Ability to accurately forecast and plan.
- Education: Associate (Preferred)
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- Retail: 5 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 5 years (Preferred)
How to Apply
Email your resume to Dana Vanderveer at Dana.Vandeveer@stjulian.com