The Cellar Production Specialist works as a member of our production team, assisting in daily winemaking activities. This position will assist in completing work orders that include wine processing and bottling, cleaning of tanks, floors, hoses, and equipment as well as making additions to tanks and performing filtrations. After mastering the basic tasks of winemaking, the Cellar Production Specialist will be given the opportunity to take on additional duties over time including operating filters, centrifuges, grape press, de-stemmer, crusher and bottling machinery. As a member of our winemaking team, the Cellar Production Specialist will report to the Cellar Master.
Jeans and waterproof boots required.
Hours: 7:00 am - 5:30 pm Mon - Thurs *Please note this is subject to change*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Tank Cleaning – inside and outside
- General Sanitation – hoses, equipment, walls, totes, tubs, fittings, buckets
- Assists the winemaking team in daily activities.
- Performs winemaking tasks according to standard operating procedures
- Adherence to HACCP, MIOSHA and FDA guidelines for food packaging and worker safety
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to be insured on company vehicles.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and occasionally do physically strenuous work
- Must work well with others and be committed to hard work as part of a team
- Be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
- Detail oriented and focus on safety.
- Self-starter who works efficiently.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Communicate and work with customers and employees at all levels
- Be presentable and courteous to tour groups
- Commitment to excellence and willing to learn
- Good organizational skills
- Implementation of Food Safety Fundamentals
- 40 hours/week; overtime and weekends required during grape harvest
- Must be able to work 48-50 hours/week; and up to 80 hours per week as required from approximately Sept. 1 through Dec. 15
This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that will require long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders, operating heavy machinery and the ability to observe others and the work environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Must not be afraid of heights, or getting into tanks (small spaces)
How to Apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org